Amitabh Bachchan needs no introduction. He is undoubtedly one of the most celebrated and finest actors in the film industry. He has gone through many ups and downs in his life and has set an example for generations that with hard work and efforts, you can achieve all your goals and dreams.
There is much to learn from his journey. We have put together lessons advisors can learn from the legend.
- Angry young man: The mega star entered Bollywood when Rajesh Khanna reigned supreme as a superstar. Yet he captured people’s imagination with his deep baritone dialogue delivery and action scenes. He created the image of the ‘angry young man’, which people remember even now.
Advisors should identify their strength and create a brand image. You can do it by identifying your value proposition.
- Never give up: In his early days, Amitabh faced several rejections from filmmakers. In fact, after his debut in Bollywood, he delivered 13 flops before he made a mark in the industry with the blockbuster Zanjeer. However, he never lost hope and fought against all odds only to reach the pinnacle.
Advisors too must never lose hope. You may not get clients during your initial days; however, you should keep focus on acquiring new clients to grow business
- Be open to new ideas: Amitabh loves experimenting with different types of roles. Be it a hypochondriac father in Piku to playing a 12-year-old boy with a genetic disorder in Paa, he gets under the skin of every character. His adaptability to new ideas, and the fact that he has an empathetic understanding of the character he is playing, has only added to his brand image.
Advisors, adapt like Amitabh does. Adapt to the changes of time. You do not want your firm to be outdated, right? Use smart technology, go paperless, write blogs, make reports for clients. There is so much you can do.
- Value all your clients: Amitabh Bachchan values everyone around him, which makes him the favourite of every generation. His interaction with fans and the press are generally warm. Remember how humble he was on Kaun Banega Crorepati? He make every contestant feel at ease with his simplicity.
Likewise, advisors should treat all their clients equally irrespective of their ticket size. Treat your clients like family, reach out to them and solve their problems. These traits can make an advisor grow by leaps and bounds.
- Give back to society: From supporting the nationwide polio eradication campaign to his association with various charitable organisations, Amitabh Bachchan has always found time to give back to society.
Advisors can also organise free IAPs to spread financial literacy among the underprivileged. You can start by guiding your watchman, ironing guy or household help on their finances.
- Do not hesitate to ask for referrals: During challenging times, Amitabh did not hesitate to ask people for work. He called up Yash Chopra asking him for a role and visited Shashi Kapoor on his sets so that he was introduced to the directors.
Remember the legend during his tough times, and do not let your own inhibitions get in your way to growth. Ask clients for referrals. The more referrals you ask for, the more referrals you will get.