Tarraki Corner Overcoming challenges: When life gives lemons, make lemonade: Sachin Kharate

Overcoming challenges: When life gives lemons, make lemonade: Sachin Kharate

I wanted to commit suicide, Sachin Kharate.
Nishant Patnaik Dec 18, 2017

I come from a very poor family. Growing up, I saw nothing but poverty, my parents quarrelled all the time. However, I always dreamed of making it big in life. When I was 16, I left home in search of a job. I finally got a job in a tea stall in Nasik.

The work was menial and at times, people would be very abusive. There were times when I wondered if this is all my life would be. I even thought of ending my life when things got too much to bear.

However, I decided that I would not let these challenges defeat me. I was constantly on the lookout for newer and better opportunities.

If one thing kept me going during the worst days of my life it was the good counsel of my friends. I consider myself lucky to have met people who always wished the best for me. One such person suggested that I become an insurance agent. This was the turning point in my life. Today, I run a successful mutual fund distribution business, with an AUM of Rs. 16 crore and a client base of 300. My SIP books stand at Rs.21 lakh per month.

Life has taught me two lessons. First is to maintain a good rapport with all the people who you meet. I never speak a sharp word with anyone no matter how annoying they are. I often apologise even when I am not wrong. Once they realise their mistakes, they will respect you even more.

Another lesson is continuous learning. It is the only key to success. Not only do I constantly try to evolve myself, I actively encourage all my contacts to develop their knowledge.

12 Comments
R Mathivanan · 1 month ago
Attitude towards challenges make you more successful than your knowledge. All the very best to you.
Mangesh Rajhansa · 1 month ago
This is an inspirational and motivational journey Sachin. Many more things to learn from you. Keep it up.
GURUVEL C · 1 month ago
VERY INTERESTING AND INSPIRATIONAL. LOOK AHEAD, NOT BACK
Taniya Hake · 1 month ago
You are truly an inspiration...hats off to your courage...
Sachin Sangle · 1 month ago
Very inspiring story. May God gives you all the success. All the best for future.
Sachin Sangle · 1 month ago
Ashwini Kulkarni · 1 month ago
It's great inspiration Sachin to read how you have face challenges in life and now become a successful person .Wishing you all the best wishes for your future. Thank you
sachin · 1 month ago
sachin Very inspirational Story shared by You .. It would definitely inspire all
Santosh Gaikwad · 1 month ago
Future vision and patience is the key learning from you sir. Best of luck and good wishes.
Santosh Gaikwad · 1 month ago
PRAKASH RULE · 3 weeks ago
VERY inspirational Story. SACHIN SIR GOOD WISHSE
Gurupad Parsi · 2 weeks ago
Sachin hats off to u.U are a role model to many highly qualified but not educated , unemployed youth.I,too, started MF distribution at the age of 53 yrs saying good bye to a secured job , now I am a established MFD and aged 70 yrs but work like 17 yrs old.When I started my MFD business it was only because I wanted to be free from job culture ,amidst lot of personal problems,There was only one way for me either do or die.I opted for first option ,overcame all obstacles.Patience,introspection and reading helps a lot to overcome ur obstacles.Never,Never, never,never....give up in life.Nature salutes ur efforts.Good luck for all reading this experience.
Wish to stay on top of your game? Get daily tips, ideas and articles to grow your business.