Hiten Shah, Hiten Shah Financial Advisors
This year has been very good for my business as I acquired three HNI clients which boosted my AUM. While I believe learning is a continuous process, to be specific, 2016 taught me:
- I earned a few certifications in wealth management and risk management which helped me gain technical skills. I also attended a few programs related to marketing and social media. The certifications and the new insights I got from attending seminars boosted my confidence, helped me strategize and project my company as brand in the industry.
- I have juggled many projects and traveled extensively in 2016. I have learned to keep up the pace even though it is tiring at times. It takes that one extra step which sets one apart from others.
- To retain client loyalty, I have learned that it is important to establish business as well as social relationship.
Nisreen Mamaji, Money Works Financial Advisors
This year has been very fruitful as I organized an event in which we recognized and awarded women who have been walking the tightrope of family commitments and work pressure and managing both with flair. I consider this as an achievement because we praised these women and awarded them. It was nice to hear their stories which were inspiring as well as full of great learnings for all of us. The most important learnings of 2016 are:
- The definition of long term has changed to a decade. I have learned that you should give a minimum of ten years for your investments to reward you.
- Initially, I was very impatient while thinking. My daughter often used to complain about this. This year, I successfully transformed myself. I believe yoga and meditation helped me.
- Often, clients panic in the event of unforeseen changes in the economy (demonetization). While such news can come as a shock even for advisors, I have learned to respond to client queries by staying calm.
- Our profession demands us to stay updated. So we have to constantly learn and stay on top of things which will enable us to solve our client queries tactfully.
- Never be complacent. You cannot grow if you are complacent.